- We believe the study of music allows us to develop aesthetic sensitivity, self-expression and creativity, and to build community, preserve and honor cultural heritages, and celebrate life.
- We believe this is best accomplished through comprehensive study of music involving performing, creating, reading, listening, moving and responding to music.
- We believe music education is most effective when there is sensitivity to scope and sequence of music.
- Therefore, we believe a high-quality, comprehensive, inclusive music curriculum is a vital part of every students education at all levels.
Are you interested in serving as MMEA leadership? Please contact Cory Mays (Executive Director), email@example.com
The Michigan Music Education Association is supported and partially funded by a grant from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs (MCACA) and the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA).
- Outstanding Administrator Award Nomination Form PDF – 209 KB
- Music Educator of the Year Award Nomination Form PDF – 213 KB
- Music Education 25 year Recognition Form PDF – 111 KB
- Hilda Humphreys Service Award Nomination Form PDF – 210 KB
- Friend of Music Education Award Nomination Form PDF – 210 KB
- Award of Merit Nomination Form PDF – 209 KB
- MMEA Award Descriptions PDF – 215 KB