The Michigan Music Education Association (MMEA) is an organization through which music educators at all levels and in all fields develop professionally and communicate with each other. The association works closely with other agencies and organizations involved in education. MMEA members engage in music teaching or related activities at all institutional levels from pre-school through higher education. Collegiate chapters are located on most college and university campuses.
Through its professional conferences, publications, and cooperative work with other organizations, MMEA provides leadership, advocacy, inspiration, and guidance in the area of research for PK-16 music educators in Michigan.
The Higher Education committee of MMEA highlights new scholarship relating to music teaching and learning. Research-to-Practice sessions featured at the annual Michigan Music Conference (MMC) provide educators with current research to inform and improve their programs.
MMEA Research Poster Session – Meet the Authors
9:30am – 10:30am: Friday, Jan. 17, 2020
Grand Rapids, MI – Amway Grand Hotel: Ambassador Foyer (2nd Floor)
Contact: Chuck Norris email@example.com
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Submit an abstract that does not exceed 300 words in length. All posters accepted for presentation
will be displayed on tables and must be free-standing.
- The research may be of any type as long as it relates to music education. Styles accepted include:
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association; A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations (Turabian) or The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Only electronic submissions will be considered. Indicate only the title in the file. No files should contain clues as to author identity or institutional affiliation. Send the file as an attachment in Word Document (.doc) or Portable Document (.pdf) format.
- In the body of the e-mail, please include the following information: (a) name(s) of author(s), (b) current position(s) and institutional affiliation(s), (c) mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address (submitter only), (d) the report’s title, (e) and any instances of prior presentation. Please use “MMC Research Poster Session” in the subject line.
- Please make all submissions by Sunday, November 10 at 11:59 p.m. to Chuck Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The decisions of the panel of qualified reviewers will be communicated by email by Monday, November 25.
- All poster presenters must attend the “Meet the Authors” session on Friday, January 17 from 9:30-10:30.
- All presenters and attendees must be members of NAfME or one of the MMC sponsoring organizations and register for the conference. Out of state submissions are welcomed! Information about registration can be found at www.michiganmusicconference.org.
Bulletin of the Council for Research in Music Education (abstracts only)
Contributions to Music Education (abstracts only)
Journal of Research in Music Education (abstracts only w/o subscription)
Using Research and Reason in Education (PDF Book – Good Introduction to Education Research)