- Interlochen Arts Academy
- Interlochen, MI
- Full Time, Related Fields
- Posted On:
- April 11, 2019
The Program Director provides leadership for Interlochen programs in music production/technology, including the major for Interlochen Arts Academy as well as courses available to non-majors; programs offered at Interlochen Arts Camp and programs offered at Interlochen College for Creative Arts. The Program Director leads all faculty teaching; reviews and oversees curriculum; recommends curriculum revisions, as appropriate; and ensures student learning and student success. The Program Director also leads and manages a program of visiting artists. The Program Director is a member of institutional committees, as appropriate. The Program Director teaches courses, as needed and appropriate; and the Program Director advises students in the program, ensuring their success and completion.
The Program Director would also lead a student recording/apprenticeship program that enables a cadre of students to record senior recitals, performances and more, institutionalizing these recording practices for all appropriate Interlochen students.
The Program Director works collaboratively with Interlochen colleagues to ensure the highest educational standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement programs at Interlochen, as appropriate
- Implement, review and evaluate curriculum, recommending revisions as appropriate
- Manage faculty-including hiring recommendations, faculty development, mentoring, consultation, and evaluation
- Develop studio policies and procedures that facilitate student access and maintain studio quality
- Advise students in the program and in courses, ensuring their success
- Assist in development of short and long-range educational goals
- Manage a student recording/apprenticeship program that enables a cadre of students to record senior recitals, performances, and more
- Collaborate on programs for faculty development
- Ensure consistency and compliance in terms of policies, procedures, curriculum and other educational issues
- Support student success, student recruitment and student retention
- Organize visiting artists, as appropriate
- Organize student trips and exchanges, as appropriate
- Participate in institutional committees, as appropriate
- Teach courses
- Engage in active professional development
- Participate in marketing, enrollment, admissions, and recruitment, as appropriate
Experience and Competencies: Masters degree in appropriate field or bachelor's degree with equivalent professional experience Minimum of three (3) years experience in educational leadership, management, evaluation, and planning Minimum of five (5) years experience in teaching Extensive knowledge and experience working in all types of studio recording settings Extensive knowledge and experience working in both analog and digital environments Extensive knowledge and experience working with artists in different recording and production contexts Extensive knowledge and experience with ProTools engineering in DAW environments Extensive knowledge and experience with music mixing in large scale consoles or in-the-box Aptitude for embracing diversity in individuals, perspectives, musical styles, and curriculum Strong managerial, administrative, and organizational skills Ability to work in both traditional and non-traditional settings Ability to navigate in a complex educational setting, and build relationships Strong proactive approach to solving problems Strong entrepreneurial skills Ability to develop and implement a vision Strong teamwork skills Ability to function effectively in a constantly changing environment Passion for music and the creative process
How to Apply
To apply, go to http://careers.interlochen.org/.