- Borculo Christian School
- Zeeland, MI
- Based on experience
- Full Time
- Posted On:
- April 25, 2019
The music teacher is responsible for general music instruction in PreKindergarten-4th grade, Band/Choral instruction in 5th grade, Band and Marching Band instruction for 6-8th grade, and Choir instruction for a combined 6th-8th grade choir.
Qualified candidates will have a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a genuine love for children, and enthusiasm and passion for continuing to build the strong music program at BCS.
Administrator and School Board
- Prepare students for three music/band performances a year- a Christmas Concert in December, and a Spring Concert and Grandparents Day concert in April. (same performance for these two events)
- Prepare 6-8th grade band for two parades per year (Dandelion Parade and Tulip Time Parade)
- Prepare 6-8th grade bands for the Eastern Ottawa Christian Schools concert in February
- Prepare 4-5th grade students for the OAC Performance in May
- Plan and coordinate our all-school Chapels on Fridays.
- Evaluate each student’s musical skills, growth, performance, and maintain accurate records for report cards
- Continue BCS relationship with Meyer Music for instrument fittings, repairs, and supplies
- Plan and execute instrument selection process for 4th grade students entering 5th grade band.
- Assist with 8th grade graduation class song at the end of the year.
- Look for music opportunities for our students such as visits to concerts or to perform in the community
- Assist with set up and tear down of all major school events requiring a sound system, including chapels.
- All other duties as assigned by the Administrator Education
Bachelor’s degree in Music Education (JX or JQ) Additional Requirements: Commitment to integrating Biblical worldview into music instruction Previous teaching experience and knowledge in the area of music education Musical instrument proficiency on a primary instrument and sufficient knowledge of every band instrument to teach it. Ability to communicate professionally with students, staff, and parents Possess the ability to instruct students on fundamental principles of music, instruments, music theory, music appreciation, and basic notation Proven ability to establish a classroom environment that stimulates students’ creativity and artistic development Proven ability to use effective classroom management techniques
How to Apply
1. Please send resume, cover letter, and three letters of recommendation to Deb Miller, Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. 2. Please fill out our Teacher Application at https://goo.gl/forms/oLxjnIZY3t9lj5h73