- Almont Community Schools
- Almont, MI
- Wages for this position are per AEA Contract
- Choral, Part Time
- Posted On:
- October 9, 2018
Almont Community Schools
Position: Middle School/High School Choir Teacher – Part-time 5/7’s
• Teaches skills in music understanding/appreciation, harmony, explorations in music and choral music to elementary pupils.
• Plans/executes a balanced music program and organizes class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time.
• Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the music curriculum to the needs of each pupil. Encourages students to develop individual musical skills to the greatest extent possible.
• Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of pupils.
• Maintains care/responsibility for school-owned music, musical instruments and equipment to prevent loss or abuse. Makes minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required.
• Evaluates each pupil’s musical growth, performance, and musical understanding. Assesses each individual’s contribution to the performance of the group.
• Other duties as assigned by Administration
Qualifications: JQ or JX Must be Highly Qualified under NCLB requirements
How to Apply
Application Procedures Applications are available on-line at http://www.almontschools.org/departments/jobs