- Utica Community Schools
- Utica, MI
- Band, MS/HS
- Posted On:
- May 11, 2020
Description: The district is seeking highly effective educator(s) to serve in the role as Senior High Instrumental Educator and Marching Band Director.
- Provide high quality instruction that supports and aligns with the district’s educational vision and mission.
- Facilitate an environment that fosters the learning of all students.
- Remain knowledgeable of educational standards and strategies to meet the academic, developmental and social emotional needs of students.
- Assess and modify instructional practice leading toward increased student achievement.
- Utilize educational technology to support student’s instruction and learning.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with students, peers, parents and community.
- Provide high quality instruction in multiple genres of instrumental music including Jazz, Concert and Marching.
- Assignment includes summer activities including but not limited to marching band camp.
• Must hold a valid Michigan teaching certificate. • Primary endorsement(s) sought: JX or JQ. • Successful experience working with/instructing secondary students preferred. Applicants must possess strong interpersonal skills, advanced instrumental instructional practices and a strong desire to promote student success.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online at jobs.uticak12.org. Please scan your letter of application, resume, transcripts, credentials, letters of recommendation, and certificates and upload to your online application. Any questions may be directed via phone at 586.797.1130.