- Charlotte Public Schools
- Charlotte, MI
- Band, Full Time, MS/HS
- Posted On:
- May 11, 2020
Program Overview: The history of the Charlotte Band program goes back more than 100 years. Many generations of families have progressed through the band program, continuing the tradition of “an unending chain of musicians.”
Charlotte’s Band program has proven to be successful with bands and individual musicians earning awards at District and State levels.
Charlotte Public Schools is seeking a Band Director who will continue to drive a successful performing arts program within the district.
The Band Director prepares course objectives and outlines for the course of study following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school, with a specific focus on instructional teaching for band at the secondary level. Additionally, the individual holding this role prepares and exposes students for career advancement and academic and resource implementation. Coordinating events, meetings, and activities for the designated organization are also key aspects of this position.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in developing, facilitating, and conducting learning and awareness opportunities for students.
- Complete necessary paperwork, documentation, narrative reports, correspondence and evaluation measures to assure all free and appropriate public education (FAPE) requirements are met in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordination of all band activities, including, but not limited to: solo and ensemble, marching band, festival, jazz band, Band Bounce, honors opportunities, band trips, and other band specific events.
- Project and performance collaboration with other fine arts faculty.
- Musical and performance direction.
- Delegation of tasks to assistant directors.
- Coordination with Band Boosters.
- Program stewardship.
- Management of band specific budgets in coordination with the principal.
- Other duties as assigned and/or necessary for the growth of the program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Integrate cutting edge teaching practices to ensure students gain and demonstrate knowledge of the Common Core Curriculum.
- Ability to meet state and federal guidelines to be considered “Highly Qualified”.
- Knowledge of the requirements of state and federal mandates which directly affect the program and teaching situation.
- Ability to develop and carry out individual educational plans (academic and behavioral) for students.
- Instrumental conducting and music performance expertise.
- Organizational skills.
- Delegation skills.
- Understanding of expectations of successful band programs in Michigan.
- Effective communication skills.
Valid Michigan teaching certificate. Must be certified to teach Instrumental Music
How to Apply
Apply online: https://www.charlotteorioles.com/schools--services/departments/human-resources/?category=High+School+Teaching