- Michigan Music Education Association
- Commensurate with experience
- Part Time, Related Fields
- Posted On:
- February 12, 2020
Position Title: Executive Director of the Michigan Music Education Association
Status: Part–time (average of 20 hours/week)
Start Date: Upon Hire
Salary: Commensurate with experience
The Michigan Music Education Association (MMEA) is a professional organization that serves music educators, students, parents, and community members through leadership in the advancement of music teaching and learning. The MMEA is the proud state affiliate of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME), and prides itself on offering exceptional and relevant professional development workshops throughout the state, and exciting performance opportunities for elementary, middle & high school students.
The MMEA is currently seeking an organized and professional executive director to serve as the primary face and voice of the association. In this important role, the executive director provides oversight to the coordination and execution of the association’s professional development and student events across the state, and serves as the primary point of contact between the association and NAfME, as well as other state–level music associations. The executive director serves as an ex–officio member of the executive board, alongside five elected officials, as well as the full board, comprised of committee chairs and other members from the general membership. The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with the executive board and full board, serving as an advisor making policy and procedural recommendations, and as a constant advocate for the association, and music educators across Michigan, by working with educational stakeholders at the state and federal levels.
- Oversee all financial matters relating to the MMEA.
- Maintain positive relationships with current and past sponsors.
- Actively seek out future sponsors.
- Assist in the writing of grants.
- Serve as the daily face and voice of the MMEA.
- Maintain organization’s 501(c)(3) status on the state and federal level.
- Maintain organization’s social media accounts.
- Communicate effectively with Board and membership–at–large.
- Serve on the Executive Board of the Michigan Music Conference.
- Serve as representative in legislative matters with the Michigan Department of Education.
- While not a weekly requirement, please keep in mind that occasions will arise where the Executive Director will be required to remain on their feet for long periods of time and/or lift items up to 50 lbs.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree Music and/or Education background preferred Knowledge of Quickbooks preferred Experience with publishing software preferred
How to Apply
Interested parties please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.