- Marquette Area Public Schools
- Marquette, MI
- $36,929 - $49,854 / year
- Choral, Full Time
- Posted On:
- May 24, 2019
Choral Music Teacher – Full Time – Bothwell Middle School
Choral Music Teacher – Full Time – Marquette Senior High School & Father Marquette Catholic Academy
Plans a program of study to instruct students in citizenship and subject matter that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students in accordance with District and State standards and benchmarks.
- Guides students through the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, establishing clear objectives for all lesson plans, units, projects, field trips, etc.
- Develops and translates lesson plans through a variety of individualized and small group instructional methods, materials, and media into developmentally appropriate learning experiences appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth on a regular basis.
- Maintains complete and accurate records and provides progress reports as required.
- Identifies student needs, makes appropriate disability referrals and develops strategies for individual educational plans.
- Communicates regularly with administrators, colleagues, students, and/or parents by means of conferences, phone calls, notes, newsletters, etc.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve a safe and productive learning atmosphere appropriate to the maturity level of students.
- Coordinates and supervises the work of aides, parents, and volunteers in the classroom and on field trips.
- Creates an environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, interest centers, and exhibits of student work.
- Computer literacy required, including the ability to work creatively and effectively integrating technology into the curriculum on a regular basis. Must have the ability to utilize the school management information system and additional software as needed.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: MI teaching cert. in Music Education, JQ or JX
How to Apply
Apply via Facebook Job Listing: https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/2235930986666805/?source=attached_post_group