- Interlochen Center for the Arts
- Interlochen, MI
- Related Fields
- Posted On:
- September 21, 2018
Interlochen Center for the Arts seeks a dynamic collaborative leader to oversee the recruitment and enrollment activities for Interlochen Arts Camp (IAC) including operations, marketing, and financial aid under the direction of the Executive Dean of Enrollment Management. The summer camp enrolls ~2500 students each year in grades 3 through 12 in creative writing, comparative arts, dance, motion picture arts, music, theatre, and visual arts. The associate director will work with the dean of enrollment management on recruitment, marketing, and financial aid strategies that align with institutional enrollment goals, manage three counselors, and work closely with Information Technology on the user and administrator experience throughout the enrollment cycle.
The Associate Director manages day to day operations with regard to all aspects of IAC admission work including, but not limited to: recruitment, marketing and communications, application and decision processing, financial aid, and reporting. This position is responsible for the IAC financial aid budget, a strategic member of the financial aid committee, communicates decisions to families, and facilitates any appeals.
Working closely with the Dean of Enrollment Management, the Associate Director will work to improve and streamline business process, execute recruitment and financial aid strategy, and successfully meet enrollment goals. The Associate Director will maintain a recruitment territory and lead the regional audition tour in addition to being a key voice in curricular initiatives for new camp programs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the day to day operation decisions related to application and decision processing, make decisions on staff responsibilities, execute events on and off campus
- Lead recruitment and financial aid strategy execution
- Manage a large financial aid budget and be a strategic decision maker in initial offers and appeals
- Help guide marketing and communication efforts
- Lead the coordination of partnership activities
- Reports to executive dean of enrollment management
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience in an education or camp enrollment setting including financial aid; preferred experience with enrollment related to arts programs
- Experience working independently and managing staff
- Connection to the arts
- Experience executing superior organizational skills
- Experience with enrollment technology and reporting
- Experience working with marketing and communications
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred Five (5) years of experience in an education enrollment setting including financial aid; preferred experience with enrollment related to arts programs Experience working independently and managing staff Connection to the arts Experience executing superior organizational skills Experience with enrollment technology and reporting Experience working with marketing and communications Knowledge and Skills (Required): Strong communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills Expertise in admission and enrollment systems Outstanding oral and written communication skills Strong capability to work collaboratively and collegially with a wide variety of constituents Strong ability to lead and motivate staff to reach goals Aptitude for embracing diversity in individuals, perspectives, artistic styles, and more Strong proactive approach to solving problems Ability to develop and implement a vision Ability to function effectively in a constantly changing environment
How to Apply
Apply online via the employer website: http://careers.interlochen.org/summerjobs Click on the job and scroll to the bottom to apply.