- New Century Chorale
- Grand Blanc, MI
- $6000-$6500 based on experience and education
- Choral, Part Time, Post Secondary
- Posted On:
- November 1, 2018
New Century Chorale in Grand Blanc, MI is seeking an Artistic Director beginning in January, 2019. New Century Chorale is an adult community choir of about 50 members and is currently in its 25th season. Our concert season runs from September through May and includes concerts in November, December, mid-winter, and spring concerts. Rehearsals are held weekly on Monday evenings, 7:00-9:00 pm.
Artistic Director Responsibilities:
1) Plan and conduct weekly rehearsals, including preparing the chorale for each concert and educating chorale members on proper vocal technique.
2) Prepare rehearsal and concert schedule.
3) Conduct 5-6 performances per season.
4) Select a theme and music for the concert season that represents the mission of the chorale and is appropriate for the ability and skill level of the singers.
5) Conduct auditions as needed.
6) Arrange for instrumentalists and soloists for concerts as needed.
7) Attend all monthly board meetings (2nd Wednesday of each month)
8) Serve as an adviser and consultant to the Board of Directors, providing musical and artistic leadership.
1) Undergraduate music degree (music education or choral conducting preferred). Master’s degree preferred but not required. 2) 3-5 years of experience leading an adult choir (preferred). 3) Strong leadership skills 4) Flexibility in working with a diverse age group and skill levels. 5) Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and electronic.
How to Apply
Contact via website: http://www.newcenturychorale.org/