- Grand Rapids Community College
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Part Time, Post Secondary
- Posted On:
- May 15, 2019
- Adjunct Faculty – Music- Applied Jazz Bass
- Adjunct Faculty – Music- Applied String Bass
- Adjunct Faculty – Music- Applied Trumpet
Position number: 977
Work schedule: Fall and Winter Semesters
Reports to: Kevin Dobreff, Program Director
- The College is interested in seeking candidates to teach Applied Jazz Bass, Classical String Bass, and Trumpet lessons in the Fall and Winter semesters at our downtown campus. A criminal background check will be conducted on all finalists prior to employment with Grand Rapids Community College.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Teach private applied lessons to music majors and general college students.
- Maintain accurate course records and submit related reports as requested.
- Effectively assess student performance.
- Create a safe and inclusive learning environment for students.
- Incorporate new technologies and methods that enhance teaching and learning into his/her instructional methods.
- Support the Department and College through other work normally expected of adjunct faculty members.
Education and Credentials: Master's Degree in Music is preferred however, applicants with extensive professional experience will be considered. Experience: Successful applied teaching experience is required. Successful teaching experience at a Community College preferred but not required. Experience working with adults from diverse backgrounds and with varying academic skills. Participation in professional development and/or continuous improvement activities in order to remain current in the field. Skills: Excellent pedagogy skills Piano accompaniment skills Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving abilities. Ability to perform routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position via our website at GRCC job postings. Please include your resume and cover letter in one document; unofficial transcripts; and three letters of recommendation, which you may upload yourself or have your supporters e-mail to the Hiring Team at Human Resources Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Online application form: https://www.grcc.edu/jobs