- Houghton-Portage Township Schools
- Houghton, MI
- Choral, Full Time, K-12
- Posted On:
- May 24, 2019
The Houghton-Portage Township School District is seeking qualified applicants for the position of the K-12 General Music and Choral Director for the 2019-20 school year. This position will foster and support vocal music education in our elementary, middle, and high school, while working collaboratively with staff and community to support academics and arts.
Positive and enthusiastic K-12 vocal specialist willing to collaborate and partner with our K-12 instrumental music and band teacher. Working K-12 offers opportunities to build firm and flexible relationships with colleagues at all levels and in all specialties.
- Foster and support a culture of academics and arts within our top ranked high school in the Upper Peninsula. Houghton High School is ranked 50th in Michigan by US News and World Report, which makes us the top rated school in the Upper Peninsula.
- Leader of the largest elementary, Middle School, and High School vocal music program in the Keweenaw Peninsula. By working with students throughout the grades and having an elementary school choir as a part of the contact load, the teacher is able to build relationships with students from early on.
- Prepare and support Middle and High School students with Solo and Ensemble and Choir Festivals. Students actively participate in Solo and Ensemble and Choral festivals (currently with the Wisconsin Schools Music Assn. but willing to work with either Michigan or Wisconsin Schools Music Assn.) which gives the teacher guidance in preparing lessons and choosing performance music.
Partner with our local community, which supports a strong musical culture. The vital arts community at Michigan Technological University allows unique collaborative opportunities as well as offering professional development opportunities easily and locally.
1. A Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate 2. Properly endorsed as required by the State of Michigan with Music Education K-12 Endorsement (JX or JQ)
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit references, resume, and a letter of interest to: Anders Hill, Principal Houghton-Portage Twp. Elementary School 203 W. Jacker Avenue Houghton, MI 49931 Deadline: Until Filled