Opening for K-5 General Music at Benton Harbor Charter School Academy. Position may also have opportunities for team-teaching MS Band in future years. School created the Music position 2 years ago and has invested heavily into creating a thriving music program. 2021/22 will be year one for MS Band at the school and the administration is committing to continuing the general music offering for K-5 grades.
About Benton Harbor Charter School Academy:
BHCSA is set up in three different community levels; Foundation (K-2), Gateway (3-5), and Preparatory (6-8). We believe that every child should have the opportunity to learn in a safe environment where their unique needs are met through individualized support. Each community level has a lead teacher who is there for coaching and mentoring guidance. Each community level also has a student advocate to assist with restorative justice practices and classroom management. We are a team that works together to care, challenge, and encourage every single one of our students.
A Benton Harbor Charter School Teacher will be successful if they have or can build upon the following skills and characteristics:
- Teaching at BHCSA is more than just a job, it is a love for our students and our community
- Creates a positive environment of empowerment and expects greatness out of every student
- Has the ability to be flexible, adapt, and modify to each unique student and their learning needs
- Will be responsible and accountable to the success of their students in the classroom and the school as a whole
- Develop independent learners who have the critical thinking skills to flourish and thrive
- Can take initiative to go above and beyond the basic expectations
- Willing to ask questions, collaborate, and seek out additional resources/professional development to continuously grow as an educator
- Eager to build relationships and learn about students that come from diverse backgrounds
Benton Harbor Charter School
455 Riverview Drive
Benton Harbor, MI 49022
- Valid Elementary Michigan teaching certificate with self-contained endorsement.
- Demonstrated competence as an educator.
- Computer literate with excellent verbal and written expression.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a collaborative environment.
- Passion and experience working in urban education desired.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
To provide students with a first class learning experience, contributing to their development as responsible citizens and leaders in their communities.
TO JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM
To apply, please visit: https://choice.workbrightats.com/jobs/
Please contact Patrick Coleman, Human Resources Generalist directly with questions at Patrickcoleman@choiceschools.com