Beaverton Jr./Sr. High School
7-12 Secondary Band/Choir/Music Teacher
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Valid Michigan Teacher Certificate with a JX (post 2006-07) or JQ (pre 2006-07) endorsement
- Evidence of successful teaching or student teaching with students in the area(s) of general music, choir, and/orband.
- Exceptional skills in planning, delivering and assessing student learning
- Working knowledge of best practice strategies
- Ability to provide and maintain an orderly classroom environmentEssential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Develop students’ musical technique and style for school and competitive performances.
- Design and implement a wide variety of appropriate instructional activities for students of varying abilities and talents. Must be flexible and organized with a willingness and ability to teach a variety of aged students whileeffectively managing large classes of students.
- Organize and maintain a large inventory of school owned instruments, instructional materials and music library
- Prepare and produce concert programs, along with community based performances: selecting the music andconducting the rehearsals, arrange venue for performances and/or transport equipment.
- Manage all budgeting and fundraising for the music programs.
Interested and qualified applicants should send the following:
1. Letter of interest
2. a current resume with references
3. copies of collegiate transcripts and teaching certificate(s).
Please submit an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org These materials CANNOT be in a zipped file. Please add each document separately to the email. If you prefer to mail your materials, then you can mail them to:
Joseph Passalacqua, Superintendent
468 S Ross St. Beaverton, Michigan 48612