This July, the National Association for Music Education will unveil improvements to your online member experience. We are doing this to provide a smoother, more secure experience for members. Our new membership system will enable you to quickly and easily:
- Login to view or update your account
- Renew your membership
- Create your own secure password
- Access members-only benefits including online journals and discounts on resources.
Because membership in MMEA is linked to the online join/renew process for NAfME, this outage will impact you, and we’d like to share some details.
- On July 1, the member renewal function on the NAfME website will be shut down for four weeks so we can begin the testing of our new system and transfer of membership records. You will not be able to access your member account during this time. If you need to renew your membership before August 1, please visit www.nafme.org by June 30 or call NAfME at 800-336-3768 after July 1.
- The NAfME E-store will also be closed during this time. Online orders must be made before June 30. (You will still be able to place orders in July by calling 800-336-3768.)
- During this period, the public areas of the NAfME website will not be affected. And as long as you have a current membership as of June 30, you’ll still be able to access the Amplify community and your NAfME journals using your current login credentials.
- On or around July 21, you will receive an automatically-generated email from our new system at your primary email address (the one to which the message you are reading was delivered). The email will prompt you to change your password by clicking a unique-to-you link to our new system. We will alert you by email a few days before this auto-message is generated so you can be on the lookout for it. Note that sometimes these kinds of messages end up in junk folders, so you may have to look for it there.
- If your primary email address in our system is your school address, and you lose access to this email during the summer, please log into your account before June 30 to change your primary email address to a home or personal email address. This will ensure that you receive the password-change email and other related correspondence. You can change back to your work email address after the system goes live if you wish.
- You choose your own secret password. Should you forget it in the future, our new system will allow you to request a reset. (NAfME staff will not know your password, but we can help you reset it should you lose track of it). Once you have clicked the emailed link and changed your password, you will receive a confirmation email. Then you will be able to access your member record and members-only areas of our website once more.
We appreciate your patience as NAfME works to improve your online experience. Questions about this or any other aspect of your membership? Contact Member Services at email@example.com
or 800-336-3768. You are also welcome to call or email Cory Mays anytime should you have specific questions or concerns. Thank you for your MMEA and NAfME memberships, and we hope you have a fantastic summer!