|MMEA Officer Nominations and Special Award Nominations|
Every 2 years members are invited to vote for three officers for the Executive Board of our Association: President-Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer. To begin that process we have a nomination window that will run from October 15, 2021 through November 30, 2021. Nominees for elected positions will be finalized during the annual membership meeting during the social hour at the 2022 Michigan Music Conference.
Candidates will serve in these positions for two (2) years. The President-Elect shall serve in that role for 2 years, as President for 2 years, and as Immediate Past-President for 2 years, thus making their term 6 years total.
Nominations are available here and through our Association website at www.MMEAMichigan.org. Our Association depends on regular members like yourselves becoming involved and setting the direction of MMEA for the next two years. Please nominate a colleague or self-nominate to one of the three positions up for election.
Each year the Michigan Music Education Association seeks to recognize outstanding music educators, school administrators, and friends of music education. Last year we were unable to offer that recognition, but we have added a couple additional awards and we need your help! Perhaps you know someone who has had a positive impact on music education in Michigan and fits one of the descriptions below. If so, please use the link to share your name and contact information as well as basic information about your award nominee. The online form should take no more than 5 minutes to complete and will be available through November 15th. Lisa Furman, past-president of MMEA, may contact you to solicit additional information regarding your nomination.
Thank you for helping MMEA identify and honor dedicated music educators, school administrators, and supporters of music education.
Please click here to read complete award descriptions and information and to complete the online nomination form.
- Award of Merit recognizes individuals who have given exemplary service to the Michigan Music Education Association and music education in Michigan.
- Outstanding Administrator Award recognizes individuals who have demonstrated active, ongoing support for balanced music programs.
- Hilda Humphrey Service Award recognizes early career teachers who have become involved in the work of the Michigan Music Education Association.
- Music Educator of the Year Award recognizes individuals who have served their students, communities, and profession in an exemplary manner.
- Ruth Ann Knapp Advocacy for Music Education Award recognizes an individual music educator, organization or corporation who has demonstrated outstanding sustained support and/or advocacy for music education programs in Michigan at the local, state, and/or federal level.