January 25-27, 2018
Grand Rapids, Michigan
MMEA is proud to announce that our conference headliner for the 2018 MMC will be Music Learning Theory (MLT) guru Beth Bolton. Please mark your calendars for Michigan’s premiere music education PD event!
Past MMC Headliners at the MMC include:
- 2017: Herbert “Butch” Marshall
- 2016: Brian Hiller
- 2015: Dr. Jill Trinka
- 2014: Dr. Ryan Hourigan & Dr. Alice Hammel
- 2013: Dr. Wendy Valerio, Music Fluency, Development and Literacy
- 2012: Dr. David Frego, Dalcroze Eurhythmics
- 2011: Dr. Scott Shuler, our NAfME (MENC) National President
MMEA sponsors two (2) pre-conference events: The Elementary General Music Pre-Conference Workshop and the Research Symposium. Both events take place on Thursday and feature outstanding presenters at the top of their field. In 2017 MMEA was pleased to welcome Jacque Schrader & Richard Layton as our Elementary General Music Pre-Conference presenters. They presented a day-long session entitled “Language, Movement & Music Woven Through the Grades.”
MMEA is pleased to announce that our 2018 Thursday General Music Pre-Conference presenter will be renowned Orff expert Doug Goodkin.
MMEA Highlights from the 2017 conference:
- MMEA Member Coffee Hour, Saturday, 8-9 AM
- Honors Composition Concert. Saturday 11 am – 1 pm
- Elementary General Music Pre-Conference. Thursday, 9-4
- Research Symposium. Thursday, 11-2
- Fantastic Headliner – Herbert “Butch” Marshall!!
Friday morning MMEA sponsored session at the 2017 Michigan Music Conference