The National Association for Music Education (NAfME) 2018 All-National Honor Ensembles application process is now open! We encourage your students to apply for these elite ensembles, as they are truly representative of the most outstanding student musicians in the country. The 2018 program will take place on November 25-28, 2018 at the Coronado Springs Resort (Walt Disney World), Orlando, Florida. Directors for this year’s ensembles include: Dennis Glocke, Band; Jean Montes, Orchestra; Amanda Quist, Choir; Todd Stoll, Jazz; and Michael Quantz, Guitar.
The application fee is $40.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Student will be in grades 9, 10, or 11 during the 2017-2018 academic year
- Student attends school in the U.S.A., Washington D.C. or a D.O.D. facility
- Student has been selected to perform in any 2017 Michigan Youth Arts Festival (MYAF) ensembles OR
- Student was selected to perform in the MSVMA Honors Ensembles or MSBOA All-State Ensembles that performed at the 2018 MMC.
- Student must be a member his or her school’s major ensemble corresponding with the Honor Ensemble for which the application is made.
- Student must receive an endorsement from his or her ensemble director/teacher, AND principal or superintendent of the school or district the student attends.
- Student’s recommending ensemble director/teacher MUST be a current, active member of the Michigan Music Education Association (MMEA), the state affiliate of NAfME.
- **Since Michigan does not currently have an all-state guitar ensemble, students who participate in their school guitar ensemble are eligible to audition.
We hope you will encourage your students to audition for this fantastic performance opportunity!