- Chandler Park Academy
- Harper Woods, MI
- Full Time, MS/HS, Orchestra
- Posted On:
- March 12, 2018
Chandler Park Academy/Scholastic Solutions LLC
- Teach beginning and advanced orchestra classes along with assisting with the bands.
- Effectively deliver instruction and content standards as identified by the State of Michigan and the district to help students meet and/or exceed minimum proficiency standards.
- Possess a working knowledge of the MDE Content Expectation and in aligning the same with the district’s content curriculum.
- Prepare for assigned classes, and show preparation upon request by school administration.
- Track and maintain school owned instrument inventory and music library.
- Employ a variety of research-based instructional strategies and instructional media consistent with the capabilities, needs and physical limitations of students.
- Evaluate students’ progress on a regular basis and, when necessary, refer students who need assistance.
- Strive to implement, by instruction and action, the Academy’s philosophy, instructional goals and objectives of education.
- Participate in on-going professional development.
- Maintain appropriate administrative records according to district policy.
- Consistently support and uphold school policies and procedures. Support the school and its leadership.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Meet State of Michigan requirements for teacher certification in the required subject area(s) and grade level(s). Music Education (K-12) Certification-JX Demonstrate competency as defined by the state, in strings, winds, and percussion pedagogy. Exceptional skill in planning, delivering and assessing student learning. Exceptional knowledge in research based instructional strategies and ability to implement them effectively. Knowledge in the use of technology to support instruction. Ascribe to the philosophy that all children can succeed and demonstrates the commitment to do what is necessary to make this a reality. Possess good interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates willing to accept the duties and responsibilities outlined in this posting should submit a letter of interest listing qualifications and a current resume to Scholastic Solutions LLC. Please specify the position and grade level when applying. All documents should be sent in care of Human Resources to the following fax or email: Scholastic Solutions LLC. fax 248-905-5035 firstname.lastname@example.org