- Grand River Preparatory HS
- Kentwood, MI
- Posted On:
- July 14, 2017
Grand River Preparatory HS; Kentwood
A teacher should have experience and interest in teaching Beginning Choir, Concert Choir, Concert Band, and/or AP Music Theory courses to secondary students at a college preparatory charter high school. The teacher will be expected to be exceptionally knowledgeable about Instrumental and Vocal concepts and meaningful instruction. The teacher will also play the role as band/choir director by organizing, marketing, and leading band/choir concerts and activities throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Any teacher must possess the ability to perform these essential job functions and typical duties:
- Support the mission, vision, values, and goals of the school.
- Create, plan, and teach a rigorous curriculum while meeting the needs of a diverse student population.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate student outcomes through informal and formative assessments.
- Effectively and consistently communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Develops, selects, and differentiates instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of children.
- Experience working with students academically or behaviorally “at-risk” and/or students with special needs is preferred.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Ability to work collaboratively with administration and teaching staff.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Familiar with educational technology (Smartboards, Moodle, etc.).
ADDITIONAL STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends weekly staff meetings.
- Serves on staff committees, IEP teams, Intervention Assistance Teams, grade level teams, and curriculum teams as required.
- Creates, offers, and teaches a one hour after-school elective once per week (electives are based on teacher/student interest).
- Available to students one hour, twice per week for after-school tutoring.
- Assists with student hallway, lunch room, and/or parking lot monitoring before, during, and/or after school as assigned by administration.
B.A. in Music Education, M.A. preferred Michigan Certification in grades 9-12 (Secondary) Music Education (JQ or JX) Endorsement
How to Apply
Apply online at www.prepnetschools.com