- Antioch Lutheran Church
- Farmington Hills, MI
- Salary based on Association of Lutheran Church Musicians (ALCM) rates for education and experience. Use of church-owned instruments and spaces for musical instruction (if desired).
- Church, Part Time
- Posted On:
- December 6, 2017
Antioch Lutheran Church, Farmington Hills. Part time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plan worship music collaboratively with the pastor, Worship and Arts committee, and other worship leaders.
2. Provide organ and/or piano music at all regularly scheduled worhip services throughout the year.
3. Provide organ and/or piano music for occasional weddings and funerals as available and needed (additional compensation provided).
4. Demonstrate knowledge of liturgical practice and use of music in worship, including a flexible range of musical genres and global idioms.
5. Work with volunteers (choirs, musical ensembles, cantors, and instrumentalists) to provide liturgical musical leadership that is creative and engaging, while being appropriately suited to the abilities of the people available.
6. Recruit small instrumental ensembles for special occasions.
7. Oversee maintenance of church-owned instruments.
Resources: Yamaha Grand piano in sanctuary; Baldwin upright piano in rehearsal space, and 3 additional electronic keyboards available Three-manual, 48 rank rebuilt and updated E. M. Skinner organ 4-octave Malmark Handbells 3-octave hand chimes Large choral music library Music Director office/rehearsal space
1. Skill and competency at the piano and/or organ. 2. Experience in leading and planning worship music. 3. Experience in choral and ensemble direction. 4. Strong inter-personal skills.
How to Apply
Apply online: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Antioch-Lutheran-Church/jobs/Music-Director-2ce0189422e22995?sjdu=Zzi_VW2ygsY1fzh3Ma9ZsE4zIT1NTXCwgFBhdjeTC3O7rHnAmtmhubrJpUBH17qemktpA5YmH8J6zO0dmW9BMg