- Monroe Public Schools
- Monroe, MI
- Band, Full Time, MS/HS
- Posted On:
- April 26, 2018
Monroe Public Schools
Goal: This position will oversee and direct all band activities at the high school. Other teaching duties during the school day may include, but are not limited to, instructing Piano, Music Theory and /or Beginning Band classes.
- Evidence of experience and pedagogy in instrumental methods for instructing and conducting the high school marching, concert and jazz ensembles at the MSBOA Class A level preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Music Education with a valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with JQ or JX endorsement.
- Minimum of three years comparable experience is preferred.
- Direct and supervise all high school band performances, including marching band, concert bands, jazz bands, solo and ensemble.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of the students.
- Maintain current inventory of all school owned instruments.
- Maintain an inventory of all music in the music library.
- Attend and support all MSBOA meetings and activities including festivals.
- Attend and support all Instrumental Booster Club meetings and activities.
- Create an environment of appreciation and understanding of a variety of music styles.
Specific performance expectations:
- Summer marching band camp(s) (July).
- Perform Pregame and Halftime at all home football games.
- Participate in at least the following local parades: Monroe County Fair Parade (late July/early August), Homecoming Parade (October), Monroe Christmas Parade (December) and Monroe Memorial Day Parade (May).
- Participate in MSBOA Festivals, including: District Marching Festival, District Solo & Ensemble Festival, District Band & Orchestra Festival, State Jazz Festival and any State Festivals if applicable.
- Four major concerts: Fall/Band-O-Rama Concert (October), Christmas Concert (December), Festival Concert (February), Spring Concert (May).
- Will provide a band to perform at the MHS Graduation.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: A Michigan Teaching Certificate with the appropriate and required endorsements. Must meet NCLB High Qualified requirements. A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and successfully with parents/guardians of students. A willingness to commit to ongoing professional development
How to Apply
Apply online via district website: https://hr.monroe.k12.mi.us/Login.aspx