- Saline Area Schools
- Saline, MI
- Posted On:
- June 13, 2018
Woodland Meadows Elementary
Under the general supervision of the school principal, to develop students’ understanding, appreciation of the art of music, including listening a wide range of musical genre, periods and styles.To identify, promote and develop each student’s talents in vocal and instrumental musical expression.
- Develops and administers music education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group
- instruction, and student learning.
- Develops balanced music program and lessons to organize class time so that students have adequate time for preparation, rehearsal, and instruction.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student musical learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, as appropriate.
- Plans, coordinates rehearsals for, and directs students in musical programs and performances outside the classroom
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to ensure a productive learning atmosphere during practice, rehearsal and performances.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate music supplies and instrumental equipment, maintains inventory records, and ensures equipment is in good working order.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
How to Apply