- Bay de Noc Community College
- Escanaba, MI
- Part Time, Post Secondary
- Posted On:
- July 9, 2018
Bay de Noc Community College, Escanaba MI
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct Music Appreciation courses offered at Bay College. Opportunities may be available to teach other courses as qualified and needed.
- Facilitate student learning through the following activities:
a. Develop course syllabi that share with students the expectations, standards, policies, and learning objectives of the course.
b. Contribute to the development and delivery of assessments of course and program learning outcomes.
c. Recognize and respond to different student learning styles and needs.
d. Develop and use supplementary learning materials, resources, and technology.
e. Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Adhere to the ethical standards of the college, the State of Michigan, the Higher Learning Commission, FERPA and other education regulations, and the welding profession.
- Provide for a safe and orderly learning environment.
- Stay abreast of developments in the field of Music and teaching by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional development opportunities.
- Communicate with students, colleagues, and other stakeholders in a professional manner through the use of telephone, email, fax, mail, and/or face-to-face communication.
- Work with lab assistants, learning assistants, or student workers as needed.
- Participate in professional activities such as, but not limited to, curriculum planning, syllabus writing, examination development, textbook selection, program revision, online teaching certification, and outcome assessment.
- This position may require the teaching of evening and/or online courses, which also requires the successful completion of an online teaching certification course through Bay College’s Online Learning department
- Any other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Music Teaching experience in Music Appreciation Commitment to quality instruction in a learner-centered environment with the goal of consistently improving student success Commitment to the community college mission and philosophy Ability to provide diverse learning experiences to diverse student populations Demonstrated skill in effective written and oral communications Demonstrated literacy in information technology and computer use Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in Music Experience in teaching courses at the postsecondary level, preferably in a community college setting Experience with active and collaborative learning strategies Online teaching certification
How to Apply
Required Applicant Documents: Cover Letter Curriculum Vitae Transcript Special Instructions to Applicants: Upon hire, the candidate must send official transcripts to the Human Resources Department at Bay College Apply online: https://baycollege.simplehire.com/applicants/jsp/shared/position/JobDetails_css.jsp