We are pleased to announce the return of our Concert Band Clinics. This year we will feature FOUR locations, including out newest site at Mona Shores High School.
Mona Shores H.S. (Jason Boyden, host):
Fri. & Sat., February 23 & 24, 2018
Fowlerville H.S. (Bill Vliek , host):
Fri. & Sat., March 2 & 3, 2018
Thurs. & Fri., March 15 & 16, 2018
Hartland H.S. (Brad Laibly, host):
Fri. & Sat., March 16 & 17, 2018
All registration for our 2018 Band Clinics will be handled ONLINE. Complete registration information & a link to our online registration page can be found on our website: http://mmeamichigan.org/events/instrumental-clinics/
For those who have not attended in previous years, here are some things you’ll want to know.
- Your band will perform on stage and, following your performance, will get a clinic with one of our three clinicians.
- Our clinicians are either college band directors or retired high school band directors who have been selected for their ability to work with groups at all age levels. Your group will NOT receive a rating. Our goal is for you and your band to have a venue to perform, receive constructive feedback, AND to hear other groups of a similar ability level.
- Your band will be scheduled near other groups of your age/ability level so that this experience is not just a performing one, but also a listening one.
- There are no restrictions on the literature you play or the amount of time you wish to play.
- Junior high/middle school groups receive 25 minutes to play/get cliniced, and high school groups receive 40 minutes. You can use that time however you’d like.
- At the end of the day, each ensemble will receive a high quality CD recording of their performance as well as recorded comments from all 3 clinicians on one CD.
- Bands are not rated with a traditional 1-5 score, and you may elect to receive a participant’s plaque.
- This is a perfect event if you wish to use it as a preparation for another festival or as a substitute for the traditional festival model. Either way, we’d love to have you!
Please visit http://mmeamichigan.org/events/instrumental-clinics/
to register today!