2006 Deborah Purcell
2008 Lindsey Micheel-Mays
2009 Corynn Nordstrom
2015 Lisa DuPrey
*Year listed is the year the award was given, presented at the MMC the following year (2 months later). For example, 2014 awards would have been presented at the 2015 MMC.
Background: In 1973, Hilda Humphrey retired after 41 years of teaching. She had served MMEA in many capacities (almost all of the appointed positions) and her dedication to the organization was evident by her presence, her participation and her concern for music in Michigan. Her service to music and MMEA serves as an example in the choosing of the recipient of the service award. The recipient must be a current member of MMEA/NAfME, and have been in music education for 10 years or less. They should also have served MMEA as an officer, committee member, or in other capacities.
Purpose: To recognize early career teachers who have become involved in the work of the Michigan Music Educators Association
The nominee should:
- be a current member in good standing of MMEA.
- have been in music education for 10 years or less.
- have served MMEA as an officer, board member, advisor, committee member, or in other capacities.
You may be requested at a later date to submit the following documentation supporting your nomination:
- Summary of reasons you feel the above candidate should receive award. (Please include this on a separate sheet.)
- Resume of the candidate including education and employment history, administrative support, etc.