All MMEA members are invited to vote on proposed changes to the MMEA bylaws at our annual membership meeting (coffee hour) at 8:00 AM Saturday, January 27, 2018 at the Michigan Music Conference. We revised the bylaws to accomplish the following goals:
* Modernize language and ensure the bylaws are consistent and concise.
* Remove language such as job descriptions that are more appropriate for inclusion in our policy manual, where they can be revised more easily when our needs change.
* Reflect revisions to MMEA’s leadership structure that were approved by the board on May 20, 2017, including specifying how members are appointed/elected for positions.
We invite you to view the following relevant documents (see below), in advance of the meeting on January 27th, 2018:
Please feel free to contact Cory Micheel-Mays, MMEA Executive Director, if you have any questions or concerns as you read over these documents: email@example.com
OR (517) 748-6518
We look forward to seeing you at the MMEA coffee hour at the MMC!
- Bylaws Changes Rationale and Impact, Jan. 2018 PDF – 162 KB
- MMEA Board Structure (revised May 2017) PDF – 188 KB
- MMEA Constitution and Bylaws, (for vote Jan. 2018) PDF – 149 KB